By Rabbi Yonatan Neril
The Parsha of Vayishlach is dedicated by Yadeedya Baruch Mellman: to my grandfathers for whom I am named, Baruch Horowitz and Samuel Mellman, z”l.
The Sefer of Bereishis is dedicated in memory of Jacob Cohen by Marilyn and Herbert Smilowitz and family.
Suggested Action Items:
- Buy in Bulk
- Use rechargeable batteries instead of disposable ones
- Bring your own cloth bags when you go food shopping
- Avoid buying food packaged in individual wrappers
- Bring a reusable mug to the cafe when you purchase coffee
- Pack your lunch in reusable containers
- Wrap presents in reusable cloth bags or reused wrapping paper
- Use both sides of sheets of paper
- Rent items you use infrequently
- Go back for a bottle and reuse or recycle it
Rabbi Yonatan Neril is the founder and director of Jewish Eco Seminars and the Interfaith Center for Sustainable Development. He holds an MA and BA from Stanford University and engaged in Jewish learning for seven years at multiple institutions of Jewish studies in Israel. He lives with his wife and son in Jerusalem.