|Tu b’Shevat 5777 falls on February 10-11, 2017. Whether you are planning a Tu b’Shevat Seder, looking for children’s activities, or simply looking to learn what the Torah says about protecting the environment, our 12th Annual Tu b’Shevat Learning and Action Campaign has resources to help you. Explore our high quality materials below. Canfei Nesharim’s articles are reviewed by rabbis and scientists to ensure accuracy and credibility.Show your support! Help us build a strong foundation for 2017.|
Help your community take the message home! Explore eco-reminders.
Engage your family and community in environmental advocacy.
Explore our Year of Healing the Habitat, launched in January 2017!
by Dr. Akiva Wolff and Rabbi Yonatan Neril
That the New Year of the Tree has come to be associated with sensitivity to and appreciation of the natural environment is not by chance. Many Jewish sources connect trees with our proper stewardship of the earth. Understanding these teachings on Tu b’Shevat can help us improve our relationship to G-d’s creation, our world.
- For Communities: Study and Discussion Guide(PDF, 5 pages)
- For Schools: Lesson Plan
- For Speakers: Resources to help you organize a talk on Torah, Trees, and the Environment(PDF, 5 pages)
- For in-depth study: Comprehensive Torah Teaching on Trees and the Environment (PDF, 5 pages)
- Full Library – dozens of articles! – Torah Learning for Tu b’Shevat
Planning a Seder?
- Tips and Instructions
- Haggadot for download
- Enhance your seder with Study Guides, Stories and Speaker Notes
- Experiencing Trees: Suggested Activities (PDF, 3 pages)